Tuesday, July 10, 2007

INTRODUCING THE VAN WYNGAARDEN CHILDREN



Cornelias Johannes (Case) is the eldest of the five children and was born in Holland . Being the first born son he was name after his paternal grandfather Cornelis Johannes.


Five years later and living in a new country Mary Jayne was born. Mary was named after her maternal grandmother's mother Maria and also after her maternal grandmother Jayne.




Only thirteen months later Barbara was born and she was named after her paternal grandmother Barbara






















A short seventeen months later John Ralph Paul was born and he was named after his mother's two older brothers that died in Holland and after his maternal grandfather Paulus.























And last but certainly not least, nine years later Rebecca (Becky) was born. There were many difficulties with Becky's birth and mom decided to name Becky a Bible name. When mom found out she was going to have a baby, she asked all of us kids what we were rather have...a baby sister or brother, or a pony. Of course I said I'll take that pony but now I'm glad we have Becky instead.

2 comments:

Rachie said...

I love the story about John. Do you still wish you had that pony? I think John is much better option :)

I cannot see the pictures...they are not showing up.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.